Charges of the Initial Committees for the CMMC
The following committees will develop and forward recommendations and/or reports to the CMMC to be discussed. The material must be approved by the members at an in-person meeting before they are considered adopted. Until further policies are developed, only CMMC members are allowed to vote at the in-person meetings and at the committee meetings. A certain amount of work by each committee must be completed by the June meeting of the CMMC.
The four committees at least for the remainder of the fiscal year will be:
- The Administration Committee
- The Emerging Leaders Mentorship Committee
- The CRDP Strategic Plan Committee
The MHSA Assessment/Recommendations Committee
1. Administration Committee (5)
This committee will develop and recommend operating policies and procedures for the CMMC. This will include:
- A policy on the length of the term of CMMC members
- How should vacancies on the CMMC be filled?
- How should policy positions be developed and adopted by the CMMC? Should there be a separate committee? Who should be on the committee?
On-going review and development of CMMC structure and operating procedures (next: Public Affairs Committee formation)
2. Emerging Community Leaders Mentorships Committee (5)
This committee will develop a work plan to establish Emerging Community Leaders Mentorships that addresses the following:
- Design and structure of Emerging Community Leaders Mentorships
- Strategies to identify emerging leaders who represent racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse populations
- Strategies to recruit mentors from the CMMC to support the emerging leaders
- List of criteria for selection of emerging leaders
- Description of training opportunities that will be provided
- List of persons identified to participate in Emerging Community Leaders Mentorships
- Strategies to support emerging leaders and to foster relationships between mentors and new leaders
For more information, refer to the actual language in the contract with DMH on page 3 and pages 15-18.
3. California Reducing Disparities Project (CRDP) Strategic Plan Committee (5)
This committee will focus on collaboration and support of the Strategic Planning Workgroups (SPWs) and supporting the implementation of the CRDP Strategic Plan.
Collaboration and Support of the SPWs:
- Provide written feedback on drafts of the CRD Strategic Plan
- Strategies to assist with the promotion of the CRD Strategic Plan
Written recommendations about the development of the dissemination plan for the CRD Strategic Plan
Support the implementation of the CRDP Strategic Plan:
- Written recommendations on the identification of funding for the implementation of the CRDP Strategic Plan
- Written recommendations about the method for roll out of the strategies and approaches identified, including state wideness, funding, etc.
- Work plan for solicitation of input from multicultural communities regarding the implementation, roll-out and effectiveness of the Strategic Plan
- Work plan for selection and support of entities to conduct evaluation of identified strategies/approaches
- Contribution to the development of evaluation methodology through support of the evaluators
Final report summarizing the implementation strategies for the CRD Strategic Plan and recommendations for next steps
More information is on pages 18- 21 of the contract with DMH (Program Component 3 and Program Component 4)
4. MHSA Assessment/Recommendations Committee (10)
The charge of this committee is to complete the deliverables related to assessment of MHSA implementation and identification of solution-based recommendations to reduce disparities. This includes:
- Written “State of the State” report
- Series of written reports on topics regarding MHSA implementation, including recurring themes, continued challenges, and potential solutions for the reduction and elimination of disparities for multicultural communities
- Work plan including structure of report submissions, including number and subjects of reports to be completed annually