Membership of the CMMC
The CMMC membership consists of 30 non-government employee members who come from:
- Community based organizations (CBOs) with expertise working with multicultural communities.
- Providers working with underserved populations and those reaching out to un-served populations.
- Community leaders/members from diverse communities, including representation across the lifespan within these communities.
- Consumers and family members with diverse racial, ethnic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds. This group shall include members from racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse consumer and family members populations not previously served in the mental health system (i.e., parents of children in special education, child welfare, criminal and juvenile justice, probation, migrant education, etc.).
- Different geographic locations in California including both urban and rural areas of the state.
- Systems other than mental health (e.g. education, corrections, social services, child welfare, probation,veterans, other disabilities).
- There must be inclusion of ethnic and racial communities in addition to the five population groups targeted by the SPW’s that are cross or multi-ethnic such as: faith-based groups, immigrant and refugee communities, non-English speaking communities, Middle Eastern communities, victims of torture, veterans, other disability communities, etc.
The members of the CMMC were chosen by an eleven member Transition Team. The Transition Team consisted of a diverse group of individuals selected by the REMHDCO Steering Committee and each of the five SPW’s.
How can I become a member of the CMMC?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the CMMC, please contact REMHDCO at: mhelmick@REMHDCO.org