Because Proposition 63 or the MHSA has changed the entire public mental health system, and because there is so much promise for underserved racial, ethnic, and cultural communities to receive the culturally competent services they deserve, most of REMHDCO’s efforts are related to this Act.
Here are websites of some of the “Government Partners” that contain much information on Proposition 63.
- MHSOAC or “the OAC” – The Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission has a website with a tremendous amount of information on Proposition 63 or the MHSA.
- OHE or Office of Health Equity – This office, which is a part of the California Department of Public Health, administers the California Reducing Disparities Project (CRDP).
- CalMHSA – The California Mental Health Services Administration is a joint powers authority of most county mental or behavioral health departments. CalMHSA administers three PEI Statewide Projects (Suicide Prevention, the School-based Initiative, and Stigma and Discrimination Reduction)
- CMHDA – The California Behavioral Health Directors Association has a website that you may be interested in. Not all of their meetings are open to the public so please check with them before you try to attend or access by conference line.
- CMHPC – The California Mental Health Planning Council is a federally mandated body that is involved with the Workforce Training and Education (WET) component of the MHSA. The Planning Council also makes recommendations regarding many other statewide mental health policies.
- DHCS – The California Department of Health Care Services took responsibility over most mental health programs that had previously been under the Department of Mental Health. They have responsibility for the County Cultural Competent Plan Requirement reports.