REMHDCO Policy Statements and Related Correspondence
In 2012, the most significant issues regarding mental health disparities and culturally competent services were:
- The transfer of the staff and responsibilities of the Office of Multicultural Services (from the Department of Mental Health, which was dissolving). REMHDCO had a position but changed it after the CMMC took a slightly different position. Please click the following link to review and download the final REMHDCO position: “REMHDCO’s Revised Position”
- The administration of the $60 million set aside for Phase II of the California Reducing Disparities Project. REMHDCO advocated strongly for the Office of Health Equity (the state) to administer Phase II. Please click the following link to review and download REMHDCO’s position paper: “Response to 2012-13 Budget Language”
- Please click the following link to review and download REMHDCO’s correspondence covering both issues: “Letter to Senate Budget Sub 3″
In 2011, AB 100 was passed which began the restructure (dismantling) of the State Department of Mental Health.
- Please click the following link to review and download REMHDCO’s position paper regarding the DMH restructure: “REMHDCO Position Paper 2011”
Concerns have been raised about the MHSA creating a “two-tiered system”. REMHDCO has an alternate position that the public mental health system as always been “multi-tiered system”.
- Please click the following link to review and download REMHDCO’s position: “Multi-Tiered System Statement”